Thursday, May 26, 2011

Who Am I?



I am not the same person I was when I was a teenager.  I am not the same person I was fifteen years ago.  So is there a core to my being, an essence of my character, my self?  Am I continuous chameleon or is there something I can call "me" that never changes?  

If there is something in me that is continuous, is that my "soul"?  Can I rely on that, in that I am able to say, "This is what I am like"?

But if there is nothing at my core, if all is potentially variable, then how can the present "I" be held blameworthy or praiseworthy for anything "I" have done in the past?  If I am not that person, I should not accept the guilt of that or the honor, should I?

1 comment:

  1. if you had more than one choice and you choose the one that's "better" then you are praiseworthy. what is 'better'? whatever is more life-giving, life-supporting, healthy, positive, One of the test that you can do to figure out if something is life giving or positive in nature is....spread it through out the world in its pure form without exception....if its life supporting, its good...if its life sapping its bad....for example take fairness and unfairness...which one is better....take both of them one by one in their pure form and spread it through out the world....one is live giving another is life sapping....which one is which, you can figure it out.........now that you know what's 'better'....as a human you always have choice...if you choose better, you are praiseworthy....if you choose poorly, you are blameworthy.

    ReplyDelete